Posted on August 12th, 2019 by pajamapress
Pajama Press is seeking an administrative intern for a placement of 4–5 months. An honorarium will be provided.
Pajama Press is an independent Canadian publisher of award-winning literary children’s books. Our interns receive one-on-one, personalized training throughout their placement and have an extremely high rate of post-internship employment, either at Pajama Press or at other companies in the industry. We are always happy to support and encourage our interns’ development in their areas of strength beyond the initial job description.
- Post-secondary certification in administration OR comparable job experience
- Facility with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written English
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in an open-concept office
- Experience with bookkeeping software is an asset
- Interest in children’s publishing is an asset
- Manage data in spreadsheets
- Learn and update industry-specific user interfaces for metadata management
- Manage organization of physical and digital files
- Assist with packaging and recording shipments via post and courier
- Compile e-newsletters
- Assist with the execution of social media posts
- Other duties as made possible by the applicant’s skills and interests
Pajama Press welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and with various physical abilities. Physical requirements of the job include navigating a single step at the building entrance, stooping to access filing cabinets, and handling packages containing multiple books.
Applicants should email email@example.com with a cover letter and résumé saved as attachments. Please include your full name in the attachment’s file name.
Applications will be accepted until September 10, 2019. Applicants for whom we wish to schedule an interview will be contacted by September 16, 2019.