Road Signs That Say West is heading west for the 2018 TD Canadian Children’s Book Week!
Posted on April 12th, 2018 by pajamapress
Pajama Press is very proud to announce that author Sylvia Gunnery has been chosen to participate in the TD Canadian Children’s Book Week 2018 Tour.
The TD Canadian Children’s Book Week is organized by the Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) in partnership with the Storytellers of Canada/Conteurs du Canada, and is sponsored by TD Bank. Book Week “is the single most important national event celebrating Canadian children’s books and the importance of reading. Each May, over 400 readings are given to over 28,000 children, teens and adults in roughly 175 communities across the country as [organizers] make every possible effort to reach children in more remote regions and communities” (https://bookweek.ca/).
The Book Week Tour theme for 2018 is Bring Books to Life. Sylvia will be touring the BC Interior from Saturday, May 5 to Saturday, May 12, hosting workshops and giving presentations at local schools and libraries. In her most recent novel, Sylvia tells the stories of three sisters navigating the difficult roads of adolescence, loss, shame, and fear for the future. Peopled with chance encounters warmed with fireside heart-to-hearts, Road Signs That Say West is a compelling ride through real life. See below for details regarding Sylvia’s scheduled events.
Pajama Press extends our congratulations to Sylvia Gunnery. Our sincerest thanks go to the Canadian Children’s Book Centre, the Storytellers of Canada/Conteurs du Canada and the TD Bank for their commitment to Canadian publishing and their support of children’s literacy.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 6
- Kamloops Writers Group — 1:00–2:00 pm
Monday, May 7
- Aberdeen Elementary — 8:30–9:30 am
- AE Port Perry Elementary — 10:30–11:30 am
- Dufferin Elementary — 1:30–2:30 pm
- Writing/Art Kamloops Art Gallery — 4:00–5:00 pm
Tuesday, May 8
- South Sa-Hali Elementary — 8:30–9:30 am
- South Sa-Hali Elementary — 9:35–10:35 am
- Juniper Ridge Elementary — 11:00–12:00 pm
- Marion Schilling Elementary — 1:30–2:30 pm
Wednesday, May 9
- Lloyd George Elementary — 8:30–9:30 am
- Lloyd George Elementary — 9:35–10:35 am
- Dallas Elementary — 11:00–12:00 pm
- Haldane Elementary — 1:30–2:30 pm
- Kamloops Art Gallery — 4:00–5:00 pm
Thursday, May 10
- Carlin School — 9:00–10:00 am
- Hillcrest Elementary– 11:00–12:00 pm
- Salmon Arm Public Library Okanagan Regional Library — 1:00–2:00 pm
Friday, May 11
- Willowstone Academy — 8:50–9:50 am
- Quigley Elementary — 10:20–11:10 am
- Oyama Traditional School — 1:15–2:15 pm