Posted on June 6th, 2023 by pajamapress
Pajama Press is seeking a full time Office Administrator. Compensation to be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Pajama Press is an independent Canadian publisher of award-winning literary children’s books. Our easily accessible downtown Toronto office houses a tight-knit team of individuals and exposes all employees to the full range of the publishing process, from acquisition to production to marketing.
The ideal Office Administrator for our team is someone with attention to detail who can manage a wide range of tasks. They should love working with numbers and thrive on a varied workflow and be prepared to never feel bored.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative position or financial management role
- Training in Sage bookkeeping software is an asset
- Facility with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written English
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a physical office
- Manage payables, receivables, and payroll, in conjunction with the Publisher, using Sage bookkeeping software
- Collaborate with the Publisher to generate budgets and reports using data from Sage bookkeeping software and distributors’ sales reporting systems
- Efficiently manage data in spreadsheets
- Manage organization of physical and digital files
- Assist our Bookkeeper and Chartered Accountant with the information required for financial statements and year end reports
- Work in conjunction with the Publisher to execute contracts
- Synthesize and organize figures for grant applications and reports
- Work with our design and editorial team to streamline the production process, including: tracking the progress of bulk freight shipments between printers and warehouses, communicating as needed with freight forwarders, customs, and distributors etc.
- Work with our royalties liaison
- Job role, duties, and responsibilities subject to expand and evolve based on applicant’s strengths and initiative
Pajama Press is located in Toronto, just north of Queen St. E on Davies Avenue, in a well-kept, friendly building that houses multiple creative companies. Public transportation is easily accessible.
Pajama Press welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and with various physical abilities. Physical requirements of the job include navigating four steps at the building entrance, stooping to access filing cabinets, and handling packages containing multiple books. This is a position that requires coming into the office.
Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and résumé saved as attachments. Please include your full name in the attachment’s file name.