Posted on February 2nd, 2015 by pajamapress
Graffiti Knight by Karen Bass has been honoured by the United States Board on Books for Young People (USBBY) as one of six Outstanding International Books for grades 9–12 in 2015.
Chosen from among all books published outside of the United States but first distributed within that country in a given year, the Outstanding International Books list is chosen based on the following criteria (taken from the USBBY website):
- Books that represent the best of children´s literature from other countries
- Books that introduce American readers to outstanding authors and illustrators from other countries
- Books that help American children see the world from other points of view
- Books that provide a perspective or address a topic otherwise missing from children´s literature in the U.S.
- Books that exhibit a distinct cultural flavor
- Books that are accessible to American readers.
Graffiti Knight has already received a number of significant awards, including the CLA Book of the Year Award, the Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction for Young People, the R. Ross Annett Award for Children’s Literature, and the CAA Exporting Alberta Award. Pajama Press congratulates author Karen Bass on yet another well-earned accolade.
Click here to view the full list of 2015 selections.